- Carrying out regular health checks on cats in the centre, including administering flea treatment, worming and any medication prescribed by the Vet
- Assisting the Veterinary Surgeon during surgery, such as monitoring the cat under anaesthetic
- Undertaking other procedures, such as bandaging and wound management in cats
- Ensuring high standards of animal welfare and hygiene are maintained
- Communicating with adoption centre staff to ensure the smooth running of the clinic
You’ll need a RCVS Veterinary Nurse Qualification, as well as experience of working in a busy veterinary practice or working in a hands-on animal environment.
Caring for cats and keeping them in good health. You’ll need to be proactive and resourceful as well as have an ability to stay calm under pressure.