- Researching, writing and sending out press releases and images to media professionals for use in newspapers, magazines and websites
- Planning and organising media campaigns to communicate the charity’s key messages and events
- Monitoring the media to identify publicity opportunities for Cats Protection
- Working with the charity’s staff and volunteers as well as media professionals to arrange interviews for radio and television
- Providing advice and information to the charity’s Media Volunteers
- Protecting and enhancing the reputation of the charity by responding to queries and providing comments to media as necessary
You’ll need a relevant qualification in PR or journalism for this role, as well as excellent communication skills and a flair for writing. Although you won’t be working directly with cats, you’ll learn lots about them.
Building relationships with people. You’ll spend a lot of your time communicating with others, from journalists to volunteers, as well as shouting about the excellent work of Cats Protection.