- Caring for the cats. This can include everything from feeding, grooming and cleaning out the cat’s pen, to socialising and administering medication
- Keeping records of each cat, including information for when they were admitted to the centre and when they were homed, as well as their previous history
- Helping potential adopters in choosing the right cat for their circumstances as well as providing accurate advice and information
- Check that potential homes are suitable by carrying out home visits and follow up visits, if needed
- Assisting with fundraising, raising awareness within the community and Cats Protection campaigns
Although this role is focused on the cats, you’ll need to have experience of working within a team (of people!) English and Maths GCSEs or equivalent and a valid driving licence are a must. Experience of working in an animal welfare environment is preferable.
Looking after cats, learning more about them and helping make sure they go to a good home.