1. Cats sleep for around 16-18 hours a day. You might notice that your feline friend spends most of the day snoozing and only comes out at night!
2. Cats are often lactose intolerant. This means they can’t drink milk.
3. There are many foods you shouldn’t feed your cat, including grapes, raisins, onions, garlic and chives. These foods can make your cat very ill.
4. A cat’s sense of smell is around 14 times stronger than a human’s.
5. A cat has more than 230 bones in its body – a human has 206.
6. Cats use their long tails to balance when they are jumping or walking along narrow places – like fences or window ledges.
7.You can say hello to your cat by slowly blinking at them. If they do it back to you, they’re happy and feel they can trust you.
8. Cats have excellent vision at night – perfect for exploring outside after everyone has gone to bed.
9. A group of adult cats is called a 'clowder.'
10. Cats can reach a top speed of 30mph!